BEAUTY ADVENT 2017 // DAY #22: A wash of healthy colour for your nails
The bug bear with wearing nail polish consistently is that it can leave your nails with a yellowish tinge. Applying yet more polish doesn’t seem conducive and leaving nails bare for a few days or weeks or applying a clear varnish over naked nails is equally unappealing.
Step in Dior Nail Glow! Aside from having an innate weakness for anything with the word ‘glow’ in the title (who doesn’t want glowy nails, lips, skin, hair?!), this actually delivers on its promise.
Reasons it is good:
- The fat brush makes it a cinch to apply in seconds (particularly great when you are running out the door and just want your nails to feel a bit more presentable)
- It tints nails (temporarily) with a pinky hue, cancelling out any yellowish tinges
- The pink formula has an instantly brightening effect on nail tips, again helping nails to look healthy and strong
- The formula is reassuringly thick and glossy, as one would expect from a premium brand
As you can see from the above swatches, one coat on its own adds a slight pinky hue and two coats intensifies it. The varnish is designed to make the tips of the nails brighter and whiter (which I concur it does).
The one thing to be mindful of is that it can make nails look slightly purple if you have a particularly pale complexion and especially when it is cold. I remember wearing this a few months back, looking down at my nails in daylight and because it was freezing outside, my nails looked positively purple! Not a deal breaker but just something to warn you about.
How much is it:
Where can I buy it:
Who is it for:
Everyone, but particularly those who prefer the natural look and who would love something to help make nail tips appear whiter.
Coming up tomorrow…
My favourite cream eye shadow this year (and it costs under a tenner).
A bit more about my Advent Cal:
My advent-themed calendar is designed to give you, lovely reader, some ideas for presents this gifting season. The list is based on my Top 25 Beauty Buys of recent years. Of the 25 products which made the cut, some I have used for the first time this year and others I have been using for several years. The selection criteria for each product was as follows:
1. It is a product I have repurchased or know I will definitely repurchase at some point
2. It is an item I believe will genuinely make an awesome gift for someone this Christmas
This series is not sponsored and you should know that, like many makeup artists, I am one of the fussiest people I know when it comes to selecting and using beauty products. They have to blow me away. Hope you enjoy!